Enterprise Architecture Vision
I have created a sample Enterprise Architecture Vision article that includes the best practices described in the TOGAF specification. The scenario for this example is a fictitious health care company currently looking to replace their legacy claim processing system to a new system that is quicker and less expensive to maintain for the quickly changing business requirements.
Enterprise Architecture Vision Sample
Problem Description – The current claim processing system is difficult to maintain and requires specialized skills to enhance. The COO and CEO have expressed concerns that the business will not be able to make the necessary modifications quickly enough to adopt to marketplace conditions. The current system requires full regression testing and is costly to deploy updates or enhancements. The following issues will be addressed in this project.
- Determine best option to replace legacy claim processing system
- The new system should integrate into the existing SOA architecture
- Decrease current average transaction completion time from 10 seconds to 2 seconds
- Create a modular system to decrease regression testing time
- Enable quicker modifications to the claim processing by leveraging a business rules engine